Paul – I miss you, I love you, and this is just – not right.
Tomorrow (January 5) would be your 60th birthday. Here is my list of – you “should be” doing this or that… I think none of us can believe that you aren’t here. No, I don’t want to go back to the hospital where we all frantically flew to, only to see this be the last time we would be with you. No, I would rather just imagine that you are at your home, and we have been too busy to talk on the phone.
You should be:
- Playing golf for your 60th, and crushing your drive straight down the middle.
- Eating some form of dessert, and commenting how you “hate yourself for doing it.”
- Having a ton of Facebook posts wishing you a happy 60th.
- Waking up at 5 AM, reading the paper in your bed getting your “delish on.”
- Working on your Tiger in the garage, especially now, the cool season in Vegas.
- Walking the little “bad seed” Henry down to the park with the neighbors.
- Getting spoiled from your loving wife Wendy, who thinks you walk on water.
- Packing up some boxes for things you just sold on Ebay.
- Calling mom and Debbie – as I am sure they would have flown into Vegas for your birthday and coordinate their pick-up at the airport.
- Planning your next hunt with Doug.
- Talking to Bobbie and Denman on the phone – as you did most days.
- Going to the club and getting your “chill” on in the lobby before or after your workout.
- Going to Home Depot or Lowes to just “look at a few things” you might need.
- Blowing off the back patio.
- Cleaning the pool.
- Edging the lawn.
- Up in your Man Cave – don’t know why – it just sounds cool.
- Getting cards in the mail.
- Having a party of some sort with your Vegas friends.
- Starting to prepare and pack bags for your trip to Hawaii…. Which you love!
- Getting some golf sponsors for your annual Golf and Grow trip – which you loved.
I am sure I am missing some of the things you “should be” doing… but, know that I am missing you as much today as September 15th. Love you Paul. Miss you. Happy 60th tomorrow — hope you are at least having some form of cake.
Your littlest bro,