Do you want to be transformed? You want to “go deep.” We went deep into the earth today. We went into the caves of central Oregon. It surpassed my expectations. We needed to be prepared . . . helmets and lights were key. We needed to be open to something new — I was not at first, but came around. We needed to trust our guide. At times we were able to stand and we felt lots of room to stretch out. At times it was very claustrophobic and it was difficult. In the end — it was worth it! It was an adventure for sure!
Have you ever heard the phrase, “It’s on!” Well, this is the weekend, and it’s on! This is our 10th official “Covenant Weekend.” You can go back and read about the weekend as I described it earlier: https://ericscofield.com/2012/07/15/covenant-group/
We are currently in Central Oregon and having a ball. Here is the recipe for transformation — best I can tell.
- Come in prepared to look into your life and make some personal inspections.
- Be ready to listen — since other than your “share” you will be intently listening for about 10+ hours.
- Be open to one “adventure.” It could be anything — but this year it was spelunking.
- Get people from your life to give you honest input and look for “trends.”
- Be willing to pray for your friends.
Our prayer for the weekend is to come out with a plan for 2013. Our prayer is to be Godly men, husbands, fathers, and community members.
During a month where we express thanksgiving . . . I am very THANKFUL for this group as well as a wife that sends me.