Do it ONCE, and Do it NOW.
Yesterday there was a spill on our bed — it would have taken multiple washes in our machine. I had two hours of calls to make. So, I took them all to a laundry mat with my bag-o-quarters and we “did it all at the same time.”
I stood there at one point and thought — this is so efficient.
Another efficient term I use a lot — “kill two birds with one stone.” You know this phrase, but do you live it.
Here are my 5 Principles to ACTIONS:
- Choose to do things that can be done together. Making calls while accomplishing other things such as driving or shopping.
- “Knock it out.” You know, those little tiny tasks . . . thank you note, dropping off a form, scheduling an appointment, letter of rec, or returning phone calls.
- List items on paper — no more than 5. It is amazing when you have them written down how much faster they get done.
- Look at some errands as O.T.A. — Driving to pick something up in Carlsbad is an O.T.A. for other things: Opportunity To Achieve. It changes your perspective.
- Finding something from the past that is CLOSE. Talks, letters, emails, powerpoints — anytime you don’t have to reinvent the wheel — the better!
Have a great day.