Yesterday our Southcoast regional staff surprised me for my years of service with Young Life.
They had cards, they spoke nice words, I have some coffee credit at Starbucks, and they laid hands and prayed for me. It was a very awesome experience for me!
Here are a few things that happened that meant the world to me, that you can do for others:
- Come with cards written and ready with some nice words and memories.
- Speak specifically to what YOU see in this persons life – how they have been used to empower, help, or encourage you.
- Give a small token – like Starbucks card, that helps the gift linger and causes a smile on their face the next time they get coffee.
- Make whatever it is . . . a total surprise. One of the most fun moments for me yesterday was it was out of the blue!
- Finally, the sweetest most heartfelt moment was when they laid hands and prayed for me . . . tears shed, meaningful prayers shared, and warm hands around me – very, very empowering.
As you move into a month of THANKSGIVING you might want to give some thought to who you want to pause and say thanks to . . . it will be fun for you, but it will be empowering for them!