Distance makes the heart grow fonder. I think that this is true. Tonight I put my head down on a pillow in Denver. (Wow, what a bad day for a Charger fan to be in Denver.) My family will be back in our home in San Diego. I always find that I think about Marni and the boys even MORE when I am gone. Seems silly in some senses, as I was just with them yesterday. Nevertheless, it is true, and always has been.
I think I am more aware than ever at the light speed that time is traveling. Marni is constantly showing me pictures of the boys when they were younger and giving a sad “sigh.” It is sad . . . it is also part of life. We live in a constant state of transition. We just have to embrace it, as well as, grieve it.
Today is my tribute to my sweet family! I got up yesterday at 3:30 AM and even though I intended to write a note, I didn’t do it. My blog is my note – the note saying I love YOU. Here are my top 5 things in no order that I love about each of you!
Marni, sweet Marni!
- I love your passion for the Lord. You have a soft place in your heart for the Spirit to work. I love that in and about you!
- I love your predictability about some things – decaf coffee in the morning, a slice of chocolate in the afternoon, and the more books the better!
- I love how you make our sweet boys a hot breakfast with all the key ingredients EVERYDAY. It’s impressive to me!
- I love our coffee times and walks.
- I love that you love to make our home both a refuge and a place that is very warming to us and to others.
Hudson, dear Hudson!
- You are a person who has a heart for God. I love that you want to do the right thing!
- I love your passion for football, the Ducks, the Texans, and watching over our Fantasy Football squad.
- I love the grades you got –I would also love you no matter what they were, but I sure love that you give it your all!
- I love how you are generous and was proud of how you shared YOUR money with Charlie the other day.
- I love how you are a leader and you have so many friends that come over – we always want you have a place for friends.
Charlie, loveable Charlie!
- I love how you love to get COZY . . . and you force us all to get cozy with you.
- I love how you love cheeseburger, spread-only at In and Out.
- I love how you learned to tie your shoes – and even double knot them!
- I love how hard you have worked on reading lately and really are doing so well at it!
- I love how you are always willing to “ride along” with me in the car. Thank you!
Bogey, our little Bogers!
- I love how you love treats after you go potty.
- I love how you roll onto your back saying – “Scratch your belly” with great clarity.
- I love how you LOVE WALKS.
- I love how you keep our feet warm at the foot of our bed.
- I love how you always greet all of us with such great enthusiasm whether we have been gone 5 minutes or 5 days.
There you have it! Lots of love! Sure miss you all!
Bless you all today!
One thought on “FOUR THINGS THAT MAKE MY HEART BIG”
You have a great fam.