5, 4, 3, 2, 1 – TAKE-OFF LEADERSHIP!
What you will find below is a list to impact your leadership and the people you lead. The countdown below works in sequential order.
What are the key ingredients as you think of the people you lead and pour into:
FIVE: (Getting people to come in off the street)
- VISION – What are you asking people to join you in? What is your vision?
- ATTITUDE – This is the difference maker. (Phil. 2:5 – have the attitude of Christ!)
- INVITING – Come be with me? Everyone loves being INVITED.
- RECRUITING – Who is in your pipeline?
- COMMUNICATE – Do people know – you? Your vision? Your voice?
FOUR: (Honeymoon’s over . . . we need to move people forward)
- DEVELOP – How are those around you developing? Make a list of the people around you – what is the next thing they need?
- SACRIFICE – No pain, no gain. No one grows around you if it doesn’t cost YOU something.
- MENTOR – Take the list above, and now TEACH this list into the lives of those around you.
- VALUE – People move forward with you and the direction you are going when they feel a PART of the team.
THREE: (Magic “E’s” of having everyone grow!)
- EMPOWER – Push them out on that stage with the magic words, “You can do this!”
- EQUIP – Push them out on the stage after you have made sure to set them up for success – as best you can.
- ENCOURAGE – Be a FAN! 1 Thess. 5:11. Tell people what they are doing well!
TWO: (Beginning the process of the “wind down.”)
- SUCCESSION – If you died today . . . who takes over, what do they need to know?
- INFLUENCE – True leadership is your influence passed along, even when you are not there.
ONE: (What every leader is shooting for!)
- LEGACY – You are GONE. Does your vision keep going? Do your values continue? Think Disneyland without Mr. Disney. . .
5,4,3,2,1 . . . It’s taking off! Can you see it? Your leadership is making a difference in people’s lives and in the vision you have.
Today, pick two of our leadership words and look at your schedule for this week, and put something into your schedule that helps someone else TAKE OFF!
Have a great Labor Day!