Paleo Pumpkin Cream Chicken Casserole
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 can canned coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Time to roast the vegies. Chop your cauliflower and put it in a baking dish topped with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. Then cut your spaghetti squash in half, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and extra threads, place face down on a baking pan. Add the cauliflower and spaghetti squash to the oven, side by side if possible, to roast for around 25 minutes. (Depending how big your spaghetti squash is, the cauliflower made roast a little quicker) You will know your spaghetti squash is cooked when you can poke the outside skin and it gives a bit.
- While the squash and cauliflower are cooking, cook your chicken. Pull out either a LARGE saucepan or a large pot and put under medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to it along with your minced garlic. Once the garlic begins to smell, add your chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Add your chopped chicken to the cooking onions, cover and let steam for around 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is about 2/3 cooked through, add your can of pumpkin, half can of coconut milk, and spices directly to the pan. Mix thoroughly. Taste to see if you need any more spices or salt.
- Once your squash and cauliflower is done cooking, and chicken-sauce mixture is heated up, de-thread spaghetti squash with a fork, running the fork the opposite way of the threads.
- Add your spaghetti squash threads, roasted cauliflower, and chicken-sauce mixture to a 9×11 glass baking dish and add dish to the oven under the broiler. Cook for about 5 minutes, getting a little dark on the top.
- Remove from oven and let sit for around 10 minutes to help the sauce thicken up. Enjoy!